Thursday, August 6, 2015

A better kitchen today

I have a rented kitchen. It's ugly. Not much I can do to make it better, but because I spend 90% of my life in that room I just want it to be better than it is.
When we first moved in it had hideous yellow flowers that I couldn't handle...it was just too awful.  I hired a friend to put down this peel and stick. Love it then and I love it now. It was featured in Caitlin Wilson's home a while back so I found it through her blog (Lowes, Armstrong Crescendo 12x12).


I still wanted a special little rug for the sink area and it's been over a year since I've stood to wash all my dishes (no dishwasher) without anything comfortable to stand on. Finally last week I sold some stuff in my garage and had the money to get what I really wanted. It's on its way and I can't wait!

I think it's easy to grab sometimes what's cheap and available instead of waiting for something a little more special.
For a quick and easy fix run to tj maxx right now (or homegoods) and scoop up some cute Turkish towels. They run 4-5$ for 2 pk and look great, nice and soft & wash great. You can also use them in a bathroom as well.

Something that you can do that improves a kitchen and costs nothing is just a good cleaning. When I've scrubbed all my appliances, the floor, cleared off the counter and washed the windows the room immediately feels better.
Lastly, after a good cleaning light a candle! Something about a yummy smelling room just makes it more appealing. My favorite candles are yankee and bath and body works but unless there's a big sale, my budget allows a small cheap DW candle from tj maxx, homegoods or marshalls. They are usually between 7-10$ and I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment