Saturday, September 5, 2015

A new print and a story to go with it

I can't explain it but I just love this photo by Gray Malin. It's cute and a little quirky and looks so great in a modern bohemian space. I found a cheap white frame for this print and stuck it on my wall today and it makes me smile every time I walk by. Not to mention, my kids think it's really cute and sawyer especially who loves animals wants to greet them and make adorable noises at this photo, so it's meant to be.
Now there's a cute horrific little story about getting the frame. My two oldest wanted to come with me to look around HomeGoods and after we had perused every aisle we landed in the candle aisle and I had turned my back for just a moment when I hear the loudest shattering noise ever - I look over to find my cart tipped / flipped into the entire shelving of candles. Not only did atleast a hundred candles get broken but the glass shelves they were perched on all went down too. Thankfully no one was hurt, but it made me feel HORRIBLE that they ruined so much stuff by not just standing still like they were told to and I am completely mortified to walk in there again which really sucks since it's my happy place I frequent weekly. After apologizing profusely I quickly bolted in shame...and now every time I look at this awesome print I'm going to remember the day my kids humiliated me at HomeGoods. Nice story, huh?
It's really hard to find stuff to put on the walls that I love. Rarely do I see something that just makes me happy to stare at day after day, so when I find that print it's a little piece of joy for me :) Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment